UDK 34 Право. Юридические науки
GRNTI 69.09 Биологические ресурсы Мирового океана и внутренних водоемов
OKSO 40.05.02 Правоохранительная деятельность
BBK 472 Рыбное хозяйство
Series of articles includes a general description of the problem, an analysis of the Russian Federation's implementation of the National plan of Action to Prevent, Restrict and Eliminate Illegal, Unregulated and Unreported (IUU) fishing by the Russian fishing fleet in the Russian Maritime Exclusive Economic Zone and beyond zone of national jurisdiction of the Russian Federation. Basing on our analysis we prepared proposals on strengthening fishing control measures, legal instruments to combat IUU fishing, including changes in legislation and adjustment of the Plan for the new term until 2025, improvement of the monitoring system for fishing activities, methods for assessing IUU fishing, improving the efficiency of fisheries management, market mechanisms to combat IUU fishing and voluntary control measures and creating an enabling environment for the prevention of IUU fishing.
catch of aquatic bioresources, ocean and coastal fisheries, illegal, unregulated and unreported (IUU) fishing, national plan to combat IUU fishing, monitoring of fisheries, international cooperation
1. Illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing. FAO, http://www.fao.org/iuu-fishing/background/what-is-iuu-fishing/ru;
2. Review of Impacts of Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing on Developing Countries FINAL REPORT. Marine Resources Assessment Group Ltd. July 2005;
3. Krainiy A.A. International problems of combating IUU fishing. / A.A. Krainiy, K.A. Bekyashev. – M.: VNIRO, 2012.
4. Bekyashev D.K. Modern international legal problems of fishing: Abstract of the dissertation for the degree of Doctor of Law. – Moscow, 2017.
5. S. Widjaja, T. Long, H. Wirajuda, et al. 2019. Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing and Associated Drivers. Washington, DC: World Resources Institute. Available online at www.oceanpanel.org/ iuu-fishing-and-associated-drivers;
6. Aaron Orlowski. IUU economic estimates climb as high as USD 50 billion in new study. SeafoodSourse: https://www.seafoodsource.com/news/environment-sustainability/iuu-economic-estimates-climb-as-high-as-usd-50-billion-in-new-study;
7. UN Convention on the Law of the Sea: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_121270/.
8. Bekyashev K.A. A new stage of codification of international marine fishing law has begun. / K.A. Bekyashev, D.K. Bekyashev / / Rybnoe khozyaistvo. – 2016-No. 3– 43-47 p.
9. Order of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation of May 17, 2016 N 49-p
10. Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 24, 2015 N 2661-p: On the list of measures for the implementation of the national action plan for the prevention, deterrence and elimination of illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing